- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where setting an Administrator password (optional) went into a prompting loop if you tried to edit the text strings in the Settings tab; there was a technical issue related to session cookies; this logic has been replaced with a fixed login time that will expire in 30 minutes (the 30 minutes is customizable if you want it shorter or longer)
This update requires running the full installer. You should BACKUP your current Web Portal directory before running the installer
(just to be safe).
Your data is 100% SAFE, though. The only files you need to edit after running the full installer are any custom logo you're using and any custom settings in web.config (like Active Directory settings). Note, the installer now automatically makes a backup of the web.config file (.bak) so you'll be able to reference previous settings there.
- Please contact us for the full installer (email your contacts or open a ticket to Support). Note, the installer is the same link you used for 2020.5u.
- Back up your existing Web Portal directory and sub-directories of course.
- Run the full installer and pick your custom template/skin.
- Edit web.config and set any custom settings (like Active Directory, Administrator password, or SMTP settings).
- Re-setup your logo and background image.
As a reminder, as of release 2020.5q, pre-built skins are available. If none of the built-in templates/skins work for you, we now offer branding of your customer-facing portal 100% FREE
. Just send us your logo, and we'll do the rest. If you have specific colors you would like included, just let us know, but generally it's best to simply pull the colors from your logo.
By the way, here's what the quick look at the custom templates/colors/skins...
And when you run the installer or the new customizer, here's what your choices will look like...