- NEW: Support for up to 5 LDAP settings. Each LDAP has it's own group of settings. There's the primary one as always, then groups 2, 3, 4, and 5. This can be especially useful when two companies are merging.
- NEW: You can now optionally set an LDAP login ID and password for the ADMIN side (the end user still authenticates with their ID and password of course). This can be used to pull in more/different groups than using the default authentication of whatever Web Portal is running as. And of course it also allows for setting different IDs and passwords for each LDAP as necessary.
- NEW: The application will now automatically encrypt (simple numeric encryption) all passwords in the web.config file. The encryption takes place when you load the ADMIN side of the application and click on Settings. Note, updating the web.config from the application like this removes comments, too. There is always web-config-backup.txt file for reference though.
This update requires running the full installer. You should BACKUP your current Web Portal directory before running the installer
(just to be safe).
Your data is 100% SAFE, though. The only files you need to edit after running the full installer are any custom logo you're using and any custom settings in web.config (like Active Directory settings). Note, the installer now automatically makes a backup of the web.config file (.bak) so you'll be able to reference previous settings there.
- Please contact us for the full installer (email your contacts or open a ticket to Support). Note, the installer is the same link you used for 2020.5t.
- Back up your existing Web Portal directory and sub-directories of course.
- Run the full installer and pick your custom template/skin.
- Edit web.config and set any custom settings (like Active Directory or the new appending of parameters feature released in the last update).
- Re-setup your logo and background image.
As a reminder, our previous 2020.5q release introduced pre-built skins. If none of the built-in templates/skins work for you, we now offer branding of your customer-facing portal 100% FREE
. Just send us your logo, and we'll do the rest. If you have specific colors you would like included, just let us know, but generally it's best to simply pull the colors from your logo.
By the way, here's what the quick look at the custom templates/colors/skins...
And when you run the installer or the new customizer, here's what your choices will look like...
Note: If you updated to this release and the footer still showed 2020.5q instead of 2020.5u, this has been fixed. We did not previously update the footer.txt file in our skin designs. This was udpated on July 9th, 2020.