We consider this release a critical update due to the two security updates below. If you are not utilizing SQL-based picklists, it's not as critical.
- SECURITY UPDATE: We now deploy a web.config file to your PickListDirectory folder to prevent raw viewing of pick list files (*if* the person searching knew the file name); this is primarily a security issue with SQL-based picklists
- SECURITY UPDATE/Bug Fix: We found an issue with multi-value, SQL-based, picklists where if you removed right-side selected values it would partially show some of the SQL selection in the left-side choices area; this has been fixed so available values are shown instead
- Bug Fix: We fixed an issue with updating Static reports (the report configuration was getting deleted and not saved properly --- it would simply disappear after trying to update it)
This update requires running the full installer. You should BACKUP your current Web Portal directory before running the installer
(just to be safe).
Your data is 100% SAFE, though. The only files you need to edit after running the full installer are any custom logo you're using and any custom settings in web.config (like Active Directory settings). Note, the installer now automatically makes a backup of the web.config file (.bak) so you'll be able to reference previous settings there.
- Please contact us for the full installer (email your contacts or open a ticket to Support). Note, the installer is the same link you used for 2020.5s.
- Back up your existing Web Portal directory and sub-directories of course.
- Run the full installer and pick your custom template/skin.
- Edit web.config and set any custom settings (like Active Directory or the new appending of parameters feature released in the last update).
- Re-setup your logo and background image.
As a reminder, our previous 2020.5q release introduced pre-built skins. If none of the built-in templates/skins work for you, we now offer branding of your customer-facing portal 100% FREE
. Just send us your logo, and we'll do the rest. If you have specific colors you would like included, just let us know, but generally it's best to simply pull the colors from your logo.
By the way, here's what the quick look at the custom templates/colors/skins...
And when you run the installer or the new customizer, here's what your choices will look like...