- NEW: Passwords are now hidden when editing Users or Groups.
- NEW: Passwords are now encrypted in dsReport.xml data file.
- BUG FIX: A couple of releases ago, we made possible the choosing of a specific output format for a report; we fixed a bug where the file could not be found for certain formats.
- BUG FIX: We fixed a bug where when choosing the last/bottom web template from the drop-down would display a bogus error message.
- BUG FIX: With our last release where we made new templates/skins available, there was a bug where some default Category images were missing on install. This has been fixed.
This update requires running the full installer. You should BACKUP your current Web Portal directory before running the installer. Your data is 100% SAFE, though. The only files you need to edit after running the full installer are any custom logo you're using and any custom settings in web.config. Note, the installer now automatically makes a backup of the web.config file (.bak).
- Please contact us for the full installer (email your contacts or open a ticket to Support). Note, the installer is the same link you used for 2020.5q.
- Back up your existing Web Portal directory and sub-directories of course.
- Run the full installer and pick your custom template/skin.
- Edit web.config and set any custom settings (like Active Directory or the new appending of parameters feature released in the last update).
- Re-setup your logo and background image.
As a reminder, our last release introduced pre-built skins. If none of the built-in templates/skins work for you, we now offer branding of your customer-facing portal 100% FREE
. Just send us your logo, and we'll do the rest. If you have specific colors you would like included, just let us know, but generally it's best to simply pull the colors from your logo.
By the way, here's what the quick look at the custom templates/colors/skins...
And when you run the installer or the new customizer, here's what your choices will look like...