This update has been in the works a long time. We have released a number of small updates to customers requesting new features for testing, so you may be using 2013.5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 5e, or 5f... whatever version you are on, it is recommended that you update to this final release, 2013.5g
. Without further ado... here's the complete list of new features...
- New - Support for SQL-based, dynamic picklists; picklist based on a SQL Select statement that is fetched at runtime (it's super fast); see new picklist section in Web Portal installation/documentation for more information
- New - Auto-creation of static picklists from static parameter values saved in RPT file; when you XML WebTemplate is created by throwing RPT file into Event Server Input queue, picklists are automatically generated; see new picklist section in Web Portal installation/documentation for more information
- New - Command Line ability for Web Portal reports; set your report up and click the Generate command line button; this URL can be used by your web application, or sent in an email (assuming external access to your server), or you can create a static report link with the URL in Web Portal so the same parameters don't have to be entered every time
- New - Much simplified customization of colors; in Settings, when you edit CSS now, there are simple color settings for the main objects (primary-color, tab-over-color, calendar-secondary-color, and calendar-highlight-color)
- New - Date and Time both supported now in calendar prompt/picker for date/time parameters
- New - Added a basic logging capability to debug Active Directory issues
- Improved - Date Range parameters fully supported
- Bug Fix - Missing calendar icons fixed
- Tweaks - Other random color and alignment issues fixed
This update is not critical, but it is HIGHLY
Five important notes about updating:
- Your data files (reports, users, string customizations) are 100% safe
- Your custom CSS changes and customizations are NOT safe. We have many CSS changes in this release due to our modernizing of messages so any custom CSS you've coded will need to re-done. As long as you have a backup of your current Web Portal installation, we can easily help you if you have problems re-doing the old look of your portal.
- We have updated the installation/manual documentation. Especially as it relates to picklists.
- Make sure you've downloaded the latest update for Report Runner Batch, version 2013.191 (or later)
- Make sure you've downloaded the latest update for Report Runner Event Server, version 2013.55 (or later)
Web Portal downloads are not publicly posted on our website. Your original download link has been updated with the 2013.5g release (so just re-download the installer). This release has been posted there for a couple of weeks as we've been testing. If your ADMIN interface footer already states you have 2013.5g, you do NOT need to update.