How do I set up a report to be sent via text (SMS) message?
You simply create a report that when exported via text, it exports only your text message (your custom alert... like a stock count or total critical tickets, etc).
Then set the job for Message via Email and select the Text format. This sends an email in strictly text format with no attachments. Then set your email address to your carriers phone number format for texting. For AT&T, it might look like this as example: email@example.com
.Here's a list of email formats for the various providers:
If you have an Enterprise license for Report Runner Batch, it includes sending out "real" SMS messages via the SMS output type. Just contact us and get a special code to activate this option. SMS text messages go straight to phones via SMS and are much cleaner than the emailed messages. It will come from a consistent phone number, so you'll always know it's from Report Runner Batch.
- AT&T: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS), email@example.com (MMS)
- T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS & MMS)
- Verizon: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Sprint: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- XFinity Mobile: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Virgin Mobile: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Tracfone: email@example.com (MMS)
- Metro PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS & MMS)
- Boost Mobile: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Cricket: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Republic Wireless: email@example.com (SMS)
- Google Fi (Project Fi): firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS & MMS)
- U.S. Cellular: email@example.com (SMS), firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
- Ting: email@example.com
- Consumer Cellular: firstname.lastname@example.org
- C-Spire: email@example.com
- Page Plus: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a Batch Message report as part of our system reports for sending out messages by setting a parameter. Here's a KB article on our system reports: